Sunday, October 12, 2008

My first taste of big time...

... At least, that's what it felt like. :)

Today I went to two auction houses (Christie's and Phillip's) for previews. The time is nearing for Photo Auctions. So, these auction houses and others have their previews of what will be for sale. There were walls of photos! It's amazing seeing the range of photographers. What's even more is we had a few of the photos taken out of the frame to exam the prints more closely. It's amazing what I've learned in such a short time.

I'm spending so much money, but it's totally worth it! :)

Following "work"... Starbucks (Tall Caramel Macchiatto and Pumpkin Loaf) with a side of people watching in Union Square! :)

Photographers that I liked from the Previews:
Alec Soth (21st Image down of the door with the number 6 on it)
http://www.alecsoth.com/Mississippi-new/pages/frameset.html
I had actually seen before and really liked his Niagara portfolio. So, I think it's funny that I picked him out again today.

Mathias Hoch
http://www.renabranstengallery.com/hoch.html

No comments: