Monday, October 13, 2008

Hoo-rah!

I found an actual grocery store! And the prices actually resemble those of FL grocery stores instead of some trendy NY market. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy going to those (all kinds of new foods to try), but to shop regularly... not so much. I paid close to $5.50 for a package of thomas english muffins the other day at market in Brooklyn. At Path Mart (the name of the store) I can get them for $2.50 with a "save" card. I'll have to look into one of those! :) A $3.00 savings on muffins alone... shhh-yeah!

It's in a plaza with a payless and a post office and not more than a 5 to 10 min. walk from my apartment. I'm really enjoying my neighborhood, not to mention my land lady is awesome! She replaced my range hood over the stove (it was in BAD shape), fixed my doors so they actually close, and put in new doorhandles (because she didn't have the keys to the other ones- they were actual key locks- and was worried I would lock myself out and have to call a locksmith). I've heard SO many horror stories about landlords and I'm so glad that it doesn't seem like I'll have to deal with those!

My first visitor from FL is coming in a week. Exciting!

1 comment:

Val said...

those old door handles sound like fun - you should have kept them - Keona was good at locking you out! :P