Monday, September 15, 2008

Walking Adventures and a Job

I went to the Weehawken, NJ Chart House and it's seems that that is good to go as well. I'll still have to have a bit of training, and do some follow shifts, then take and audit, but it's seems as though the manager is going to give me a job! YAY! AAAND... he's ok with it only being three nights a week for now (I'll be at the gallery Wed-Sat 11-6.. no time for making dinner shifts). So, that only leaves Sun., Mon., and Tues.. I hope I can afford my NY rent on 12 days of work a month. I guess if I'd be able to anywhere, Chart House is a good place to start. I was told they do around 800+ covers..... on a slow night! That was our Christmas day booking. Granted, this one is a lot bigger and they run on probably no less than 23 servers as compared to our 10-15, but still! It should be exciting.



Side note: a friend of the girl I'm staying with here went with me out to Weehawken.. and we went on a little side adventure once I was done with my interview:

(that would be jersey)


(and... the lincoln tunnel.. way far back)


***I had to look back at my pictures to remember what I've done the past two days besides not finding an apt./ roommate yet. Ha... aaaaaah. And, I didn't realize I had so many pictures and things I hadn't mentioned. So here's a quick break down:

(trapeze on building at one of the piers... I'm still learning all the names. Nicole, I'm guessing this is where they filmed the part from Sex in the City, yeah?)




A rememberance ceremony a buddhist organization put on for the 9/11 victims and families. It's kind of hard to make out, but in the very foreground that line of lights is a row of lanterns that people personalized. They were attached to a kayak that was paddled out and then the lanterns were released. (Jennifer, thanks for the tip! It was hard to get close for many good pictures, but it was nice to be there.)


Random shot of Empire State Building from Chelsea Piers


Random shot of Empire State Building and Dumpster Trucks..... ha!


Church on the Columbia campus (exterior)


(interior)



Things you'd only see in NY (well, maybe not)


-A homeless man push his cart of plastic bottles and cans onto the subway... fall asleep while said cart rolls around into nearest pole, seat, or person. He caught it sometimes....


-3 boys running around corner and downstreet acting as if they stole something... a bit further up a glance in a restaurant reveals a mystified man (server/ manager) wondering where the kids that were eating went. The look on his face was heartbreaking. It's like he really couldn't believe they ran out on their check.


-3 transexuals in a convertible in greenwich village while a line of fireman walk to their truck look on with expressions on their face of "did you just see that too?" (2 episodes of sex in the city combined... doesn't get any better than that)




Well, it was quick for y'all but took forever for me. There are so many more to post, but I'm so tired. Thus, 'tis the end for tonight.


'night!


















2 comments:

Val said...

Congrats on the 2nd job!!! :)

Nicole said...

Sooo many sex and the city references...