Wednesday, September 17, 2008

One apartment, Two apartment, Three apartment, Four...

Oh, wait... no, I'm still trying to find one! :)

BUT....today was promising. All yesterday I e-mailed about room shares and into this morning. I probably sent out about 15-20. Out of those, two people responded. Yes, you read it right... two people. But, I did find a website that listed no fee apartments. Oh, you don't know what a no-fee is? That's because in FL we rent from the property. Here in NY, the brokers run the world!!! You can't really rent anythig without running into one of these monsters and scheduling an appointment, then paying them 1 months rent - 15% of the annual rent. No-fee rentals are buildings that don't work through a broker. You can go to the property directly and rent from the management, and the best part about it: you don't have to pay anyone else money!!!

The apartments were small. They didn't have living rooms. But, they were relativly in my budget and in a fun neighborhood in Alphabet City. I saw a few that might work for starter apartments. I definitely wouldn't want to stay in them longer than a year. Might I add, I absolutely loved the neighborhood! All the other apartments I've looked at have been in questionable places. THEN, a few buildings down from this property, there was a really nice apartment building. I thought for sure I wouldn't be able to afford anything in there. After talking to the doorman... well desk guy (poor kid, I think that was his first job ever), I realized I might be able to.

I did some more research into their management company and found a listing that I have fallen in love with. It is a bit more than I originally planned my budget for. Also, I would need two roommates and not just one. But it looks like it would be beautiful! And it's in Chelsea.... AND, they take pets! I'm probably getting my hopes up, but I'm going to call to view it tomorrow.

No pictures tonight (even though I do still have a lot to post). I just wanted to update on the apartment situation.

:)

No comments: