Saturday, September 13, 2008

I can already tell this blogging adventure might suffer the same fate my attempts at diary writing did. I'm always so excited about writing, but then when I actually go to do it I lose steam. I get about 4 entries... then I'm done for about 3 years. We shall see! Nicole had been telling me that I should do this so that I could keep friend and family up to speed. I was hesitant for quite awhile since I know how I am with things that need to be done daily :(



BUT, I finally gave in when my sister requested to see the pictures of the Brooklyn Bridge. Why wait to show her? Why not just post them? Thus, I gave into the blog. I still have mixed emotions as I feel that people have better things to be doing than reading about what I'm doing., so why invest time in typing it all? But it means alot that so many of you do care so much, are intrested, and want to know how things are. Thanks so much for all the support and congratulations!


I do have more good news! BUUUUUUT, it's not official yet and there are some more details to be worked out, so that will come later. I'm still trying to figure out housing and when I'm going to be able to do a final move, dog, cameras, computer and all!


Random stuff that I wanted to post yesterday, but didn't make it to:


I found an eatery/deli/ I don't know what to call it that I fell IN LOVE with! Cafe on Broadway between 85th and 86th. They have it all... and fresh! Fresh cut fruit, parfaits, pre-made meals (chx parmigan, sun dried tomato penne and lots of others!), pasta salads, wraps, panini, make your own salads, and even pastries. Oh my did they have pastries! Everything looked sooooo good that I couldn't stop myself. I ended up with a fruit and yogurt cup (I don't even like yogurt, it just looked so good! Lucky for me it tasted the same and apparently I like that yougurt!), a dish of tomato, cheese, and basil pasta, an oriental chicken wrap (and I'm not talking a chinsy one, I'm talking terryaki chicken, broccoli, snow peas, water chesnuts, cashews, and red peppers), and a peanut butter brownie! MMMMMMMM :) And all for $17. I made 3 meals out of it! Guess where I'll be frequenting!




(I'm not a food photographer, I know)





On the way to the cafe, I saw these three older women walking arm in arm. One of them was laughing like she was 15 again, with such heart behind it. I couldn't help but smile! Made me think of a few girls I know back at home ;)





And I will say, one thing I love about NY is that my legs HURT, everyday when I get back to where I'm staying. And I'm not just talking about a little bit of soreness... I'm talking cramps and stiffness especially in the calves. I actually got a cramp in my foot the other day as I was going down the stairs of the subway. I almost lost my shoe! I imagine people thought I was a bit nutty. But, I'm so glad they do hurt because that means they're getting some exercise!! :)





Least favorite thing, but still kind of funny: I had a broker hang up on me today. Guess that will happen when he makes you wait an hour in the rain and you tell him that you'll pass on his services since he apparently doesn't know how to pick up a phone. Gotta love the NY brokers! Makes you wonder, "what runs through their minds that tells them it's ok to hang up on someone who has just reason to be mad at their unprofessionalism?" Great customer service. I'll be referring you to my friends.... riiiiiiiiight (at the better business bureau, maybe).





Random NY pictures:

(I can't wait to see a REAL autumn again!! And winter should be fun! I hope there's ALOT of snow) Who's joining the party?! : New Year's '09- NEW YORK!



And Martin, this one is for you. I took it when we were taking off from Charlotte.


And, I have a video I want to post too, but it's 4:30 in the morning, so that can wait for later! 'Night









4 comments:

Nicole said...

Awesome... I am mentioned in your blog. With good reason because I am probably already your #1 reader. :)

Val said...

I don't know Nicole, I'm going to give you some good competition for that #1 reader spot... :D JK!

Steph, I'm so happy for you!!!

Studio222 Photography said...

What street is that view of the bridge from?????

skg said...

It's at the corner of Front Street and Washington in DUMBO, Brooklyn