Monday, March 9, 2009

Reasons I'm glad I moved to Jersey and not NY

Don't think you'd find all of these in one neighborhood in Manhattan:
1. I can afford a door to my bedroom and a kitchen (with a dishwasher!)
2. There's real grass in my neighborhood... more than 3 large patches within half a mile
3. A police station is literally across the street and multiple cars patrolling quite frequently.
Realized how much I really enjoy this one while walking my dog at 3am and seeing 3 patrol
cars within 10 minutes... and NO, that's not 'cause there's high crime. It's because I live in a
good neighborhood with a PRO active community. :)
4. A 24 hour grocery store within walking distance
5. A Walgreen's LITERALLY right next door for when I don't feel like walking the 4 blocks to the
store.
6. A Zagat rated 4 story bar/ restaurant complete with roof deck 1 block from my door
7. Last stop before the Lincoln Tunnel
8. A landlady who's actually a very pleasant individual (and a great one at that) and not just
some grump who only wants my money but never fixes anything.
9. Within 10 minutes I can get to:
-NY
-Walmart... that's right! An actual walmart since I'm still not rich.
-Hoboken (the 'it' place in jersey)
-The grocery store
-The restaurant I work at (when I get a ride it's only 2 min.... otherwise, 15 min. walking... still
not too shabby!)

I'm sure there's more... but as you can see by the time I'm posting... my brain capacity is not up to par.
On the other hand... we don't see fun things like this in my neighborhood:

(that, my friends... I think you ONLY get in NY)

3 comments:

Val said...

I really enjoyed you're list - especially the Wal-Mart part. I never thought about there NOT being WM's in NYC until last week's America's Next Top Model when they had to bring the Cover Girl isle out of the store for their challenge! :)

skg said...

ha. yeah. I saw that and thought "too good, to go the 20 minutes to Jersey, eh?!" Heaven forbid New Yorkers cross the river... gasp!

Val said...

hahahaha...