Saturday, November 22, 2008

Videos and pictures... finally!

WARNING: If you are hungry, do not continue reading. There are gratuitous pictures of lots of food! (and some sweets, of course!)


Some of the pictures I had previously promised. From dinner with MK at a Korean restaurant. That is a grill you are seeing in the middle of our table. Someone came over and cut the beef and cooked it right in front of us. We could turn it, cook it to the temperature we wanted, then eat when ready. All the plates around are fixings that went with it. Some were oh so good... and some: not really my cup of tea. Fantastic experience!Watching them cut the beef.
Our grill

And a video of dinner cooking! :)

From the Ethiopian restaurant I went to, back when I was here visiting and interviewing for internships. It was a platter to share. You roll of the sourdough bread pancakes and eat with your hands.

And a picture of a dinner I cooked myself. Stir fry and rice.


And of course, dessert! (This moment brought to you by Magnolia's and Sex in the City) Apparently, it's a bakery mentioned in the show, although I don't remember ever hearing the name. Supposedly they're a big deal. Their chocolate icing is oh so yummy!

Paul!
What, do I have chocolate on my face?! Side note: we're eating just outside of Central Park... go figure!

Random skyline shot on a cloudy day from the pier where I work.
And, on a different day. Much better!
My new winter boots

My new brown winter boots! The more I look at them, they kind of remind me of construction boots ....
Opinions?

Pictures from Halloween... a bit late. In this one it's kind of hard to see, but the guy was dressed up as KING OF THE CASTLE! HA!

And one of the only gallery shows I've had time to go see. I LOVED this show! Olaf Breuning was the artists name. He was showing drawings, photographs, and sculptures. That's talent... and he has a sense of humor! NICE. I highly recommend his work. It's nice to see there are artists that don't give off a pretentious vibe.


The image below, they actually have printed on canvas totes for $15! :) I LOVE IT!


Tell me that photograph isn't awesome! And it was printed ate least 5 feet big!

For those of you wondering... those are boobs in the bucket.

And I'll leave you with a video of Keona at the dog park on a chilly 28 degree 8am morning!! :) Not snow yet, but there definitely was frost and frozen water! :)

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Awww.... I miss you and Keona!! I can't wait to come visit!

Val said...

Typical Keona - pretending to play fetch will really playing keep away! :)

Also - Love both pairs of boots!!