Saturday, October 9, 2010

Time: 1, SKG: 0

Time really shows no mercy here. July... and then next thing you know, October. September was really quite productive. I took an initiative to really get out and be social, in a professional, net-working, hire me kind of way. Surprising thing was that I actually enjoyed myself and met some really great people in the process. As much as it can get frustrating and overwhelming living in New York, when I stop and think about it... the options really are astounding! If you're not familiar with the website Meetup.com, I highly recommend it. It's what would happen if Facebook and LinkedIn had a baby that actually lived in the real world instead of just online. You connect with people of like interests and dialogue, but then you actually meet and have a real conversation. Novel idea, I know. It's fantastic!

Also, looking into grad school as an option. I'm no fool. I know that my resume can't stand up to the MA and MBAs of the world. If only I could put my personality and charm on the paper. ;) Until I figure that out...advanced degree, you're looking mighty fine!

No comments: